Monday, March 11, 2013

|| DATE WITH JESUS ||



Mostly everyday I come to this wonderful coffee shop called jc bean.  Its pretty much my safe haven.  Its weird, a lot of times you try to find great places to have a quiet time with jesus to journal and read and whatnot.  I invested in this amazing prayer chair that I am SO excited to use and see how that Goes but for now jc bean is my place.    I have a lot of students ask what do you exactly do in a quiet time?  Well here are my quirky resources for you if you!  

1.  FIND YOUR SPOT- it can be anywhere- your living room, a coffee shop, a beach, a park, a chair... whatever you want! (its like setting up a date with jesus)




2.  BIBLE- I recommend an esv study bible (THE MEAL OF THE DATE)


3.  Journal- Make a really cute journal or go buy one that best suits you.  BUT be excited about the one you get!!   (THIS IS THE DESSERT)


4. resources- DESIRINGgod.org  if you go on resource library you will find a sermon is pretty much most chapters of the bible. or another great one is http://sermons2.redeemer.com/redeemer-free-sermon-resource 
 (this is the fun activity after the date)

5.  systematic theology by wayne grudem- this is great to have at hand for topics to study deeper into.
(THIS IS THE FUN ACTIVITY AFTER THE DATE)

6. MUSIC- have a good playlist that will make you focus and relax I LOVE SPOTIFY  (this is great ambiance for your date with jesus)

I normally start off with journaling then read a psalm and read a chapter in the bible i started off with genesis and moved on throughout the whole bible or you can start off with a gospel story and read a chapter a day.  then i will go on desiring god and look up the chapter i read or the psalm and listen to a sermon on that or a sermon from tim keller or read something from systematic theology that applies to the topic i read.... all while listening to my "JC TIME" playlist on spotify.  

enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10