Monday, July 14, 2014

DIY SCARF





When I was young my grandma taught me how to sew on this baby singer.  It was considered a kid toy sewing machine but it totally works!  Last month, my grandparents had a flood and they were trying to get rid of some of their stuff and luckily, I inherited this amazing vintage baby singer sewing machine.  This machine is so tiny but it works like a charm and I have done several projects with it from sewing pillow cases to making your own scarf.  This morning I cleaned out my closet and found these two tops i don't wear often and decided to make them into scarfs.  

ITEMS YOU WILL NEED
  • old top
  • scissors
  • sewing machine


DIRECTIONS
Basically I cut the top of the shirt to make the shape below. The only thing I had left to do was hem the edge where I cut.  Pretty simple and a great repurpose to your clothes.  


-enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10