Thursday, January 2, 2014

SAYONARA 2013



2013 was the biggest "transition year" I have ever experienced.  people say getting married is a big transition but imagine getting married, moving twice, switching jobs twice oh and not to mention going on a honeymoon and going to japan. actually writing this out makes it seem like a miracle I am where i am now, relaxing on my couch typing this post while having a movie in the background with a candle flickering.  Sounds peaceful and lovely compared to what this roller coaster of a year has been.  Lets start off the beginning of 2013

EnGAGED, dreading it- This is a moment all girls dream about. you know getting engaged is really awesome and such an exciting moment.  But being engaged is a different story.  It is a time where a lot of BIG decisions are being made.  not only that you are planning a wedding.  Bringing two families. trying to please everyone it gets draining. my engagement time was a quick 6 months, however it did seem like forever, but then...



I GOT MARRIED.  If there is one thing I can say about getting married is it is definitely a day that went by so fast.  Its hard to treasure every moment when things are going so fast.  But this was the best day of my life.  I got to marry my best friend that loves me unconditionally surrounded by friends and family.  This day was filled with love.  It was a beautiful day.  THEN....



WENT ON MY HONEYMOON- for the first part of our honeymoon we drove up the coast... which was a mistake.  driving in a car for 8 hours being newly wed, no bueno.  I would have changed that minor factor.  Other than that we went up to pismo beach, passed ventura, and came back and made it to our flight to kauai.  It was raining when we went which was a bummer.  However, zip lining was pretty sweet.  We got to see where the hunger games was filmed.  It was pretty cool.  then.....

MOVED INTO A VACATION RENTAL FOR 2 months - we were in the process of waiting for our place to be ready and we had to stay in a bedroom basically for 2 months.  It was driving me nuts but we made it through.. then... 

I Quit Yl- quitting Yl was really difficult but I knew I had to do it.  I knew I was being called out of that ministry.  It was difficult to leave but I knew the Lord had ministry in my future again in time. then...

I Became a marketing coordinator - I got a BS degree in marketing and I finally put it to good use.  I got a job as a marketing coordinator for a jiu jitsu company.  I felt like this was a job that i tried to get on my own accord.  It was fun but i knew this job wasnt for me.  I felt like I wasn't in the right place.  Then....

We MOVED our place was finally ready!  It was so much fun decorating and just getting everything together. but 2 weeks after we...


We went to Okinawa-  This was such an amazing trip that we were blessed to go on.  Thanks to our friends the gosins,  I used to live in japan when i was young.  Going on this trip made me miss it.  We got to see how God is moving in this small island and how life is just so simple there.  I want simplicity.  Going there seemed unreal.  we fell in love with the people, the culture and just everything about it.  Maybe one day the lord will bring us there. until then I wait.

I GOT A PHONE CALL  I remember this day, I got a phone call asking if i was interested in a position at our church.  I knew in this season this is where the lord wanted me.  so I

Quit my job AGAIN I gave my two week notice and just surfed that whole week before i started my new job.  I felt like this was a new start.

A new beginning I started my job at the church and i love it.  I am so thankful for where the lord has me right now.  after typing this, I definitely see his hand in our lives. God is good.  2013 has been a great year of new beginnings and new desires.  sayonara 2013 it was real.



-l

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10